Hypnosis is a natural state of mind. We naturally enter in and out of Hypnosis state.
Hypnosis is a state of relaxation, one is completely aware, and the unconscious mind is more ready to listen and consequently overcoming problems, such as recovery from or addressing childhood trauma, addiction, changing behaviour and feelings.
Hypnosis and meditation are very similar, while in meditation one stays open to whatever happens, hypnosis, however, has a specific direction and goal.
There are a variety of applications to hypnosis. It is used not only to treat various mental and emotional issues, but also to find the source of these problems. It can also be used to address issues from people’s pasts that may be influencing them and holding them back. Here are some advantages that come with hypnotherapy:
- Treating addictions: From alcohol and drugs to food and bad habits; regular sessions can rid you of these bad habits for good.
- Achieving physiological goals: Studies have shown that hypnotherapy can help people stay on their diet and keep weight off. It can help reduce a person’s dependency on food.
- Managing pain: Those who suffer from chronic pain can often find solace in hypnotherapy. From arthritis to migraines, it helps where diet and drugs cannot. Self-hypnosis is a great tool for learning to live with chronic pain.
- Reducing stress: Stress can lead to a variety of far more serious health issues. Learning to cope with the stress of daily life will go a long way in keeping an individual healthy. Hypnosis leaves you feeling relaxed and refreshed, ready to face the tasks ahead.
- Recovery and addressing childhood trauma: Sometimes, in an effort to repress pain or feelings of low self-esteem, we tend to push aside old memories. These memories still influence our behaviour subconsciously. That’s where hypnotherapy comes in; it allows you to find the child inside that is hurt, and work through the difficult issues.
- Changing your behaviour: For behavioural or personality issues such as a short temper, irritation, and other counter-productive traits, hypnosis is a great tool. It can help replace the negativity and coach you on how to react in certain situations. With these new messages, you’ll find more optimal ways to communicate at work and at home.